The centerpiece of Peterbilt’s yearlong celebration of its 75 th anniversary is a new special Model 579 that features unique interior and exterior styling and exclusive content, Peterbilt Motors Company announced during the Mid-America Trucking Show. “This is a milestone year for the company and we wanted to acknowledge it in a way that has been defining Peterbilt for 75 years – products distinctively styled, technologically advanced and designed to maximize the satisfaction and bottom lines of our customers,” said Darrin Siver, Peterbilt General Manager and PACCAR Vice President. “In this tradition, we have taken the most innovative on-highway vehicle in the company’s history and complemented it with components, accents and amenities that celebrate Peterbilt’s past and future.” The Model 579 75 th Anniversary Edition – which is now available for order – was on display in Peterbilt’s exhibit at the truck show. Highlights of the new vehicle include bright accessories, a two-color paint design similar to the original 1939 Peterbilt (as well as the 50 th anniversary edition Peterbilt), and a premium interior with exclusive logos and a unique numbered nameplate. “Since its introduction, the Model 579 has exceeded the high expectations we initially set for it, as well as those of our customers,” said Peterbilt Chief Engineer Landon Sproull. “It has been a major success and proudly stands among Peterbilt’s most iconic trucks introduced throughout our 75 year history. This Class 8 aerodynamic leader exemplifies Peterbilt’s 75-year commitment to innovation, quality, dependability and safety. “The 75 th Anniversary Edition combines these product hallmarks with a new head-turning design that celebrates Peterbilt past and future.” Anniversary Edition Exterior Features Sproull said exterior features of the special edition model include:
- A complete bright package, reminiscent of Peterbilt’s show truck heritage, includes bright outside sunvisor, rear view mirror housing and three-piece steel bumper with chrome finish.
- A highly polished hood crown that surrounds a new oval grille design.
- Exclusive 75th anniversary emblems on the sleeper, side hood bright air intake bezel and new bright rocker panels.
- A new optional 75th anniversary two-color paint design. A new proprietary color called Diamond Red was introduced for this model. Diamond Red – created in partnership with Axalta Coating Systems and part of their Imron Elite brand – was showcased on trucks exhibited at the Mid-America Trucking Show.
- Rear stainless steel mudflap hangers with anniversary emblem.
- Peterbilt’s premium Platinum Titanium interior accentuated with a new charcoal dash top and Blackwood finish trim accents. The Blackwood trim accents provide a uniform flow across the door pads and onto the sleeper cabinets while distinct carpet lines the spacious cab and sleeper floor.
- A sequentially numbered 75th anniversary emblem is added to the dash accent trim.
- The multi-function steering wheel is lined with custom red stitching.
- Exclusive Peterbilt Evolution LX seats in black leather to complement the interior and boasts the 75th emblem stitched into the headrest.
- Bright gauge bezels, chrome interior handle, bright logo’d shifter plate and bright shift lever featuring a Blackwood finish shifter knob (available only with manual transmissions).
For downloadable, high-resolution images, visit:https://picasaweb.google.com/114783925996442925119/PeterbiltPressConference2014MidAmericaTruckingShow?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCIbK9L2Ny9vn1wE&feat=directlink