Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.6%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold fell $0.39 (-1.2%) to $31.69 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8,554,496 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,339,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.64-$32.33 after having opened the day at $32.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.08. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Golden Minerals ( AUMN), down 14.4%, Alexco Resource ( AXU), down 12.0%, Ossen Innovation ( OSN), down 11.2% and Noranda Aluminum ( NOR), down 11.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.