Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Blackstone Group ( BX) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Blackstone Group fell $0.97 (-3.0%) to $31.91 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,858,163 shares of Blackstone Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,229,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.20-$33.25 after having opened the day at $33.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.88. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Global Cash Access Holdings ( GCA), down 15.6%, Xoom ( XOOM), down 12.9%, Sorrento Therapeutics ( SRNE), down 10.1% and Siebert Financial Corporation ( SIEB), down 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.