Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Icahn ( IEP) pushed the Conglomerates sector lower today making it today's featured Conglomerates laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Icahn fell $2.41 (-2.3%) to $100.56 on average volume. Throughout the day, 194,271 shares of Icahn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 251,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $100.39-$104.00 after having opened the day at $102.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $102.97. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that declined today were: Dex Media ( DXM), down 6.4%, AcelRx Pharmaceuticals ( ACRX), down 4.1%, Seaboard Corporation ( SEB), down 3.6% and Tredegar Corporation ( TG), down 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Icahn Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.