Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NXP Semiconductor ( NXPI) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.1%. By the end of trading, NXP Semiconductor rose $1.14 (2.0%) to $58.09 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,287,167 shares of NXP Semiconductor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,336,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.43-$60.31 after having opened the day at $59.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.95. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Elephant Talk Communications ( ETAK), up 18.9%, EXFO ( EXFO), up 11.5%, Identive Group ( INVE), up 10.5% and Schmitt Industries ( SMIT), up 9.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full NXP Semiconductor Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.