Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. J.C. Penney ( JCP) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.2%. By the end of trading, J.C. Penney rose $0.13 (1.5%) to $8.77 on light volume. Throughout the day, 20,649,939 shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 30,260,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $8.62-$8.89 after having opened the day at $8.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.64. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Gaiam ( GAIA), up 5.0%, Wet Seal ( WTSL), up 4.5%, Mercadolibre ( MELI), up 3.3% and GameStop ( GME), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.