Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Encana ( ECA) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Encana rose $0.25 (1.2%) to $20.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,297,601 shares of Encana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,241,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.59-$20.90 after having opened the day at $20.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.64. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Double Eagle Petroleum Company ( DBLE), up 13.4%, U.S. Energy ( USEG), up 6.0%, PrimeEnergy ( PNRG), up 5.2% and Pembina Pipeline ( PBA), up 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Encana Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.