The 802.11ac-enabled Cisco Aironet 2700 Series Access Point should allow customers to "accelerate their path to Gigabit Wi-Fi," according to the company's statement. The product should aid wireless LAN infrastructure to support the use of multiple mobile devices, apps and data within its area.
The Aironet 2700 will be available in April and starts at $1,095.
"Gigabit Wi-Fi is here to stay. The next generation of wireless technology -- 802.11ac -- is today's hallmark in wireless standards, representing a significant advancement in solving bandwidth issues and providing fast speeds, adding real business value and outcomes," said Sujai Hajela, senior vice president, Enterprise Networking Group at Cisco, in the statement. "As the industry leader in 802.11ac, Cisco is helping customers' transition to this technology, while accelerating our partners' ability to capture new revenue, increase margins and provide new services from the mobility opportunity."
TheStreet Ratings team rates CISCO SYSTEMS INC as a "buy" with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate CISCO SYSTEMS INC (CSCO) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.31, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that CSCO's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.42 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- CISCO SYSTEMS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CISCO SYSTEMS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.86 versus $1.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.99 versus $1.86).
- The gross profit margin for CISCO SYSTEMS INC is rather high; currently it is at 64.07%. Regardless of CSCO's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.78% trails the industry average.
- CSCO, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CSCO Ratings Report