Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southwestern Energy Company ( SWN) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Southwestern Energy Company fell $0.65 (-1.4%) to $45.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,373,424 shares of Southwestern Energy Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,205,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $45.30-$46.69 after having opened the day at $46.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.09. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), down 28.4%, KiOR ( KIOR), down 11.8%, North American Palladium ( PAL), down 11.2% and Gold Standard Ventures ( GSV), down 10.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southwestern Energy Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.