Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vale ( VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Vale rose $0.20 (1.5%) to $13.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, 17,514,310 shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 20,947,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.31-$13.50 after having opened the day at $13.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.12. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Golden Star Resources ( GSS), up 11.5%, Vista Gold Corporation ( VGZ), up 9.6%, Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), up 8.1% and Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.