Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Franklin Resources ( BEN) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Franklin Resources rose $0.80 (1.5%) to $52.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,235,565 shares of Franklin Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,664,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.22-$52.89 after having opened the day at $52.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.06. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Manhattan Bridge Capital ( LOAN), up 9.4%, First West Virginia Bancorp ( FWV), up 9.4%, Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania ( RBPAA), up 8.7% and HD Supply Holdings ( HDS), up 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Franklin Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.