Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose $1.24 (1.1%) to $117.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,409,510 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,454,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $116.21-$117.19 after having opened the day at $116.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $115.85. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 9.5%, Double Eagle Petroleum Company ( DBLE), up 8.8%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 6.6% and Clayton Williams Energy ( CWEI), up 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.