Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials rose $0.26 (1.3%) to $20.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,927,981 shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,661,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.02-$20.40 after having opened the day at $20.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.10. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Plug Power ( PLUG), up 49.0%, Forward Industries ( FORD), up 7.7%, Daqo New Energy ( DQ), up 6.2% and MRV Communications ( MRVC), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.