Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HDFC Bank ( HDB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank rose $0.55 (1.4%) to $39.58 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,767,536 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,087,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.15-$39.79 after having opened the day at $39.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.03. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: First West Virginia Bancorp ( FWV), up 9.4%, Royal Bancshares of Pennsylvania ( RBPAA), up 8.7%, Farmers Capital Bank Corporation ( FFKT), up 7.0% and United Security ( USBI), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.