- IBM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.1 billion.
- IBM has traded 5.8 million shares today.
- IBM traded in a range 225.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $5.74.
- IBM traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 186 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 186 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in IBM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for IBM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on IBM: International Business Machines Corporation provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. IBM has a PE ratio of 12.5. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate International Business Machines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for International Business Machines has been 5.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. International Business Machines has a market cap of $194.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.68 and a short float of 2.8% with 5.23 days to cover. Shares are up 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates International Business Machines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, INTL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP increased its bottom line by earning $15.02 versus $14.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($18.00 versus $15.02).
- The gross profit margin for INTL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP is rather high; currently it is at 56.58%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 22.32% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $6,528.00 million or 2.86% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, INTL BUSINESS MACHINES CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 20.57%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the IT Services industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 6.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $5,833.00 million to $6,184.00 million.
- Despite the weak revenue results, IBM has outperformed against the industry average of 20.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full International Business Machines Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.