Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Halozyme Therapeutics ( HALO) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Halozyme Therapeutics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HALO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.7 million.
- HALO has traded 72,407 shares today.
- HALO is up 6.1% today.
- HALO was down 8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HALO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HALO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HALO: Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, researches, develops, and commercializes human enzymes. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Halozyme Therapeutics a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Halozyme Therapeutics has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Halozyme has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.90 and a short float of 14.1% with 8.42 days to cover. Shares are down 16.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Halozyme Therapeutics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 399.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$4.41 million to -$21.99 million.
- HALOZYME THERAPEUTICS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HALOZYME THERAPEUTICS INC reported poor results of -$0.73 versus -$0.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.45 versus -$0.73).
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 14.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 42.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HALO's share price has jumped by 162.35%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in HALO do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Halozyme Therapeutics Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.