Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southwest Airlines ( LUV) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines fell $0.70 (-2.9%) to $23.18 on average volume. Throughout the day, 11,703,837 shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,909,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.18-$24.11 after having opened the day at $24.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.88. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: CHC Group ( HELI), down 8.1%, AAR Corporation ( AIR), down 8.0%, Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 5.0% and Spirit Airlines ( SAVE), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.