Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $28.51 (-8.2%) to $318.53 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,380,893 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,384,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $313.08-$355.00 after having opened the day at $355.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $347.04. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: China Pharma ( CPHI), down 31.6%, IsoRay ( ISR), down 26.7%, Arrowhead Research Corporation ( ARWR), down 13.1% and Semler Scientific ( SMLR), down 12.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.