Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kinder Morgan ( KMI) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Kinder Morgan fell $0.33 (-1.1%) to $31.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,518,425 shares of Kinder Morgan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,730,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.13-$31.79 after having opened the day at $31.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.48. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Golden Star Resources ( GSS), down 11.6%, Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), down 11.3%, Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), down 9.8% and Seabridge Gold ( SA), down 8.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.