Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Steven Madden ( SHOO) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Steven Madden rose $0.40 (1.1%) to $36.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 556,868 shares of Steven Madden exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 698,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.92-$36.92 after having opened the day at $36.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.10. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: STR Holdings ( STRI), up 13.6%, Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), up 7.2%, Xerium Technologies ( XRM), up 6.7% and Northern Technologies International ( NTIC), up 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Steven Madden Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.