Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified JPMorgan Chase ( JPM) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified JPMorgan Chase as such a stock due to the following factors:
- JPM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.2 billion.
- JPM has traded 124,424 shares today.
- JPM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JPM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JPM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JPM: JPMorgan Chase & Co., a financial holding company, provides various financial services worldwide. The company operates through four segments: Consumer & Community Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank, Commercial Banking, and Asset Management. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. JPM has a PE ratio of 13.3. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate JPMorgan Chase a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for JPMorgan Chase has been 17.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. JPMorgan Chase has a market cap of $219.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.94 and a short float of 1.1% with 2.16 days to cover. Shares are down 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates JPMorgan Chase as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for JPMORGAN CHASE & CO is currently very high, coming in at 90.17%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 21.09% is above that of the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.4%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- JPMORGAN CHASE & CO's earnings per share declined by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JPMORGAN CHASE & CO reported lower earnings of $4.32 versus $5.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.90 versus $4.32).
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.