Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Cabot Corporation ( CBT) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cabot Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CBT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.5 million.
- CBT has traded 108,955 shares today.
- CBT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CBT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CBT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CBT: Cabot Corporation operates as a specialty chemicals and performance materials company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. CBT has a PE ratio of 17.4. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Cabot Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Cabot Corporation has been 262,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cabot has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.95 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.71 days to cover. Shares are up 9.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cabot Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, solid stock price performance, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 300.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $20.00 million to $80.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 272.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 53.89% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CBT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 64.70% to -$18.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CABOT CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.14%.
- You can view the full Cabot Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.