Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Amphenol ( APH) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Amphenol as such a stock due to the following factors:
- APH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $46.2 million.
- APH has traded 3,060 shares today.
- APH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APH: Amphenol Corporation designs, manufactures, and markets electrical, electronic, and fiber optic connectors; interconnect systems, antennas, sensors, and sensor-based products; and coaxial and specialty cables worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. APH has a PE ratio of 23.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Amphenol a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Amphenol has been 551,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Amphenol has a market cap of $14.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.35 and a short float of 1.1% with 3.62 days to cover. Shares are up 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Amphenol as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- APH's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- AMPHENOL CORP has improved earnings per share by 20.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, AMPHENOL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.92 versus $3.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.24 versus $3.92).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $211.33 million or 2.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMPHENOL CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -7.83%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average. The net income increased by 19.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $140.36 million to $167.88 million.
- You can view the full Amphenol Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.