Story updated at 9:40 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Shares of Silver Wheaton gained 1% to $25.40 in morning trading.
The analyst firm maintained its "outperform" rating for the silver miner. BMO analysts cite a tax recovery and increased 2014 production estimates as reasons for the increase.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates SILVER WHEATON CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SILVER WHEATON CORP (SLW) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.25, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for SILVER WHEATON CORP is currently very high, coming in at 77.76%. Regardless of SLW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SLW's net profit margin of 46.30% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- SILVER WHEATON CORP's earnings per share declined by 35.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SILVER WHEATON CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.65 versus $1.55 in the prior year.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, SILVER WHEATON CORP's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SLW Ratings Report