Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walter Energy ( WLT) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Walter Energy fell $1.82 (-20.0%) to $7.27 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 27,616,167 shares of Walter Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,474,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.07-$8.10 after having opened the day at $7.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.09. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: USEC ( USU), down 12.7%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 8.1%, Silver Bull Resources ( SVBL), down 7.8% and Solitario Exploration & Royalty ( XPL), down 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Walter Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.