Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BP ( BP) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, BP fell $0.80 (-1.7%) to $46.52 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15,213,109 shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,288,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.29-$46.68 after having opened the day at $46.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.32. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Walter Energy ( WLT), down 20.0%, USEC ( USU), down 12.7%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), down 8.1% and Silver Bull Resources ( SVBL), down 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BP Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.