Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Netflix ( NFLX) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Netflix rose $4.18 (1.0%) to $424.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,064,712 shares of Netflix exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,816,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $419.50-$432.20 after having opened the day at $419.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $420.09. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Hemisphere Media Group ( HMTV), up 13.1%, Promotora de Informaciones SA/FI ( PRIS), up 6.3%, Insignia Systems ( ISIG), up 3.9% and Sinclair Broadcast Group ( SBGI), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Netflix Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.