Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. U.S. Bancorp ( USB) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, U.S. Bancorp rose $0.56 (1.3%) to $42.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,666,271 shares of U.S. Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,182,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.19-$43.00 after having opened the day at $42.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.34. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 16.3%, Sorrento Therapeutics ( SRNE), up 9.7%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 9.4% and Global Cash Access Holdings ( GCA), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full U.S. Bancorp Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.