Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Ultra Petroleum Corporation ( UPL) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ultra Petroleum Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $69.6 million.
- UPL is up 3.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UPL: Ultra Petroleum Corp., an independent oil and gas company, is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, production, and operation of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. UPL has a PE ratio of 16.3. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Ultra Petroleum Corporation a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ultra Petroleum Corporation has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ultra has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.43 and a short float of 24.2% with 13.43 days to cover. Shares are up 15.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ultra Petroleum Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- ULTRA PETROLEUM CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, ULTRA PETROLEUM CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $1.54 versus -$14.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.30 versus $1.54).
- UPL, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.6%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $145.57 million or 16.69% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 16.69%, ULTRA PETROLEUM CORP is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.54%.
- You can view the full Ultra Petroleum Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.