- Solomon Hykes, founder of Docker (formerly dotCloud), and creator of the Docker open source initiative.
- Donnie Berkholz, IT Industry Analyst at RedMonk
- Bob Lee, CTO of Square, creator of Guice framework, and JSR-330 lead.
- Josh Bloch, author of Effective Java and presenter of the ever popular Java Puzzlers sessions at JavaOne.
- James Strachan, creator of the Groovy programming language and co-founder of the Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, and ServiceMix open source projects
- Gavin King, founder of the Hibernate and Seam open source frameworks and current Ceylon programming language project lead
- James Pearce, head of Open Source at Facebook
- Chris Aniszczyk, head of Open Source at Twitter
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced keynote and featured speakers for DevNation, a cross-technology open source application development and DevOps conference taking place April 13-17, 2014, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. Software developers will discover opportunities to hone their craft and learn about new tools and techniques available to help them gain new skills and work more closely with operations to achieve functional and organizational goals. At its core, DevNation is designed to foster a greater sense of community among open source application developers, offering attendees a unique opportunity to learn from one another by sharing knowledge, experiences, and challenges. The DevNation agenda features speakers from a wide spectrum of backgrounds and technologies, presenting a mix of technical sessions, labs, expert panels, and a hacknight. Highlights from the agenda include sessions on DevOps, cloud and mobile application development, and application and big data integration. Attendees will have the chance to learn from open source luminaries and keynote presenters Gene Kim, founder of TripWire and author of The Phoenix Project, and Neal Ford, director and software architect at ThoughtWorks. Featured speakers scheduled to present at the inaugural event include: