Factors that could result in negative rating pressure include unfavorable operating profitability trends, outsized catastrophe or investment losses relative to Arch’s peers, significant adverse loss reserve development and/or a material decline in risk-adjusted capital. However, factors that could lead to a positive outlook or rating upgrades would be the continuation of long term, consistently strong operating profitability relative to its peers and maintenance of strong risk-adjusted capital levels.The FSR of A+ (Superior) and the ICRs of “aa-” have been affirmed for Arch Reinsurance Ltd. and its following affiliates:
- Arch Reinsurance Company
- Arch Insurance Company
- Arch Specialty Insurance Company
- Arch Excess & Surplus Insurance Company
- Arch Indemnity Insurance Company
- Arch Insurance Canada Ltd.
- Arch Insurance Company (Europe) Ltd