Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, CarMax fell $0.56 (-1.2%) to $47.35 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,035,363 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,912,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.02-$48.29 after having opened the day at $48.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.91. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Barnes & Noble ( BKS), down 4.1%, Ferrellgas Partners ( FGP), down 3.3%, Brown Shoe Company ( BWS), down 3.1% and Vitacost.com ( VITC), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.