Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney fell $1.47 (-1.8%) to $80.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,375,659 shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,284,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.04-$82.30 after having opened the day at $82.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.99. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Central European Media ( CETV), down 17.4%, YuMe ( YUME), down 6.4%, Educational Development Corporation ( EDUC), down 5.7% and Lions Gate Entertainment Corporation ( LGF), down 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.