Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Altria Group ( MO) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Altria Group fell $0.57 (-1.6%) to $36.02 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,253,343 shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,054,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.86-$36.71 after having opened the day at $36.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.59. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), down 6.2%, Standard Register Company ( SR), down 6.0%, Nu Skin ( NUS), down 5.8% and Vector Group ( VGR), down 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Altria Group Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.