Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Wells Fargo ( WFC) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Wells Fargo fell $0.59 (-1.2%) to $47.81 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 25,941,407 shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,959,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.48-$48.41 after having opened the day at $48.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.40. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: BofI ( BOFI), down 8.5%, Old Point Financial Corporation ( OPOF), down 5.2%, First Federal of Northern Michigan Bancorp ( FFNM), down 5.0% and Bbva Banco FrancesS.A ( BFR), down 4.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.