- GBX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.2 million.
- GBX has traded 5,166 shares today.
- GBX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GBX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GBX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GBX: The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets railroad freight car equipment in North America and Europe. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Greenbrier Companies a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Greenbrier Companies has been 447,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Greenbrier Companies has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 2.92 and a short float of 14% with 6.96 days to cover. Shares are up 42.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Greenbrier Companies as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 17.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 40.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 111.86% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC has improved earnings per share by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.66 versus $1.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.69 versus -$0.66).
- The gross profit margin for GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.78%. Regardless of GBX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.13% trails the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, GREENBRIER COMPANIES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Greenbrier Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.