Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Galena Biopharma ( GALE) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.0%. By the end of trading, Galena Biopharma fell $0.40 (-12.4%) to $2.82 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17,509,793 shares of Galena Biopharma exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,967,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.54-$3.02 after having opened the day at $2.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.22. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Star Scientific ( STSI), down 10.7%, Oxygen Biotherapeutics ( OXBT), down 8.5%, Oncothyreon ( ONTY), down 8.1% and Natures Sunshine Products ( NATR), down 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Galena Biopharma Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.