Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific rose $2.03 (1.1%) to $189.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,754,229 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,052,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $187.25-$190.00 after having opened the day at $187.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $187.37. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Star Bulk Carriers ( SBLK), up 8.8%, Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), up 8.4%, Tsakos Energy Navigation ( TNP), up 8.3% and Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), up 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.