Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose $1.17 (1.0%) to $116.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,173,809 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,462,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $115.20-$116.56 after having opened the day at $115.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $115.07. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 22.1%, Penn Virginia Corporation ( PVA), up 15.6%, Eagle Rock Energy Partners ( EROC), up 12.9% and Gastar Exploration ( GST), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.