Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gilead ( GILD) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, Gilead rose $2.32 (3.1%) to $77.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,033,397 shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,448,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $75.51-$78.06 after having opened the day at $75.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.45. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Geron Corporation ( GERN), up 39.3%, Pernix Therapeutics Holdings ( PTX), up 19.9%, Flamel Technologies ( FLML), up 18.4% and Opexa Therapeutics ( OPXA), up 14.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.