Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.54 (1.6%) to $35.17 on average volume. Throughout the day, 21,194,675 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 27,258,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.50-$35.24 after having opened the day at $34.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.63. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Summer Infant ( SUMR), up 8.2%, Coffee Holding Company ( JVA), up 7.7%, RiceBran Technologies ( RIBT), up 7.7% and Nova Lifestyle ( NVFY), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.