Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hewlett-Packard ( HPQ) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, Hewlett-Packard rose $1.08 (3.7%) to $30.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 19,035,848 shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,402,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.90-$30.63 after having opened the day at $30.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.48. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: Mercury Systems ( MRCY), up 19.2%, Dataram Corporation ( DRAM), up 6.8%, Crossroads Systems ( CRDS), up 6.0% and Violin Memory ( VMEM), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.