The new agreement will have Smartfren preload NQ Mobile Security on its Android smartphones. The app will be called "Smartshield," and it will also be available for download in Smartfren's app store. The software offers a number of security features for Android smartphones for free, with more feaures available as in-app purchases.
"This agreement with Smartfren significantly expands NQ Mobile's penetration in the critical southeast Asian market," Calvin Cai, NQ Mobile general manager of overseas business development said in a press release. "Identified by NQ Mobile as one of the top 10 most infected mobile markets, Indonesia stands to benefit from Smartfren's addition of the NQ Mobile privacy and security products."
Must read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates NQ MOBILE INC -ADR as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate NQ MOBILE INC -ADR (NQ) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed -- some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- NQ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 110.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- NQ has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.14, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NQ's share price has jumped by 100.97%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 881.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $0.35 million to -$2.72 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, NQ MOBILE INC -ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NQ Ratings Report