- BBRY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $166.6 million.
- BBRY traded 13,857 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM.
- BBRY is down 2.2% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BBRY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BBRY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BBRY: BlackBerry Limited designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions worldwide. Currently there are no analysts that rate BlackBerry a buy, 7 analysts rate it a sell, and 21 rate it a hold. The average volume for BlackBerry has been 29.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. BlackBerry has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 35% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BlackBerry as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BLACKBERRY LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, BLACKBERRY LTD swung to a loss, reporting -$1.20 versus $2.24 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 49000.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $9.00 million to -$4,401.00 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, BLACKBERRY LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$81.00 million or 108.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The share price of BLACKBERRY LTD has not done very well: it is down 24.80% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.