- KORS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $170.6 million.
- KORS is up 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KORS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KORS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KORS: Michael Kors Holdings Limited engages in the design, marketing, distribution, and retailing of branded women's apparel and accessories, and men's apparel. The company operates in three segments: Retail, Wholesale, and Licensing. KORS has a PE ratio of 33.7. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Michael Kors Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Michael Kors Holdings has been 3.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Michael Kors has a market cap of $20.1 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.84 and a short float of 4.7% with 5.00 days to cover. Shares are up 21.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Michael Kors Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KORS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 59.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- KORS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.07, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry and the overall market, MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 73.43% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 61.17% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MICHAEL KORS HOLDINGS LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.97 versus $0.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.11 versus $1.97).
- You can view the full Michael Kors Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.