Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation ( TKMR) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TKMR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.5 million.
- TKMR traded 69,400 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:57 AM, representing 10.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TKMR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TKMR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TKMR: Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the research and development of RNA interference therapeutics; and provides lipid nanoparticle delivery technology to pharmaceutical partners in Canada. TKMR has a PE ratio of 14.3. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation has been 360,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tekmira has a market cap of $500.2 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 229.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TKMR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 15.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 89.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TKMR's share price has jumped by 495.46%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- TEKMIRA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, TEKMIRA PHARMACEUTICALS CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.95 versus $1.87 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 106.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $38.31 million to -$2.29 million.
- You can view the full Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.