|Three months ended December 31,||Twelve months ended December 31,|
|Net Income attributable to ORBCOMM Inc. Common Stockholders||$806||$2,111||$4,540||$8,673|
|Net Income per Common Share - basic||$0.02||$0.05||$0.10||$0.19|
|Adjusted EBITDA (2,3)||$4,391||$4,167||$15,048||$16,674|
|(1)||EBITDA is defined as earnings attributable to ORBCOMM Inc. before interest income (expense), provision for income taxes and depreciation and amortization.|
|(2)||Adjusted EBITDA is defined as EBITDA, adjusted for stock-based compensation expense, noncontrolling interests, impairment loss and insurance recovery.|
|(3)||A table presenting EBITDA and Adjusted EBITDA, reconciled to GAAP Net Income, is among other financial tables at the end of this release.|
- For the fourth quarter of 2013, Total Revenues increased 18.7% year-over-year to $19.2 million and Service Revenues increased 19.5% to $14.8 million, with increases from organic Service Revenues, AIS and from the acquisitions of GlobalTrak, MobileNet and SENS. Fourth quarter 2013 Product Sales of $4.5 million were 16.2% higher than prior year driven by the acquisitions but offset by lower revenues from Japan and the impact of a less favorable U.S.$/Yen exchange rate this year compared to last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter of 2013 was $4.4 million, and increased 5.4% over the prior year period. Adjusted EBITDA includes $0.3 million in Acquisition-related costs. Adjusted EBITDA for the full year was $15.0 million and includes $1.7 million in Acquisition-related costs. ORBCOMM’s basic EPS is $0.02 for the fourth quarter of 2013 compared to $0.05 for the comparable period last year. For the full year 2013, ORBCOMM’s basic EPS is $0.10 versus $0.19 in the prior year period. ORBCOMM’s Acquisition-Related costs equal $0.03 per share in 2013 compared to $0.02 per share in the comparable period last year.
- Net subscriber communicator additions were 36,000 in the fourth quarter of 2013 and 104,000 for the full year, bringing the total billable subscriber communicators to 863,000 at December 31, 2013, compared to 759,000 at the end of the fourth quarter last year. Billable subscriber communicators increased 14% year-over-year.
- On March 12, 2014, ORBCOMM announced that it has completed the acquisition of Euroscan Holdings, B.V. (Euroscan), a leading global supplier of refrigerated transportation temperature compliance recording systems. Based in the Netherlands, Euroscan’s integrated turn-key systems are used worldwide to ensure the safe and secure transportation of food and pharmaceuticals by monitoring and assuring temperature compliance throughout the supply chain. This acquisition supports ORBCOMM’s long-term growth strategy of adding the vertical expertise, technologies and geographic markets that will strengthen its end-to-end solutions portfolio.
- On January 21, 2014, ORBCOMM announced that it has been approved by Rogers, the largest GSM cellular operator in Canada as a Supported Reseller (RSR). The premier RSR program allows ORBCOMM to work cooperatively with Rogers to market ORBCOMM’s suite of M2M asset tracking and monitoring solutions using Rogers’ wireless communications network.
- On January 17, 2014, ORBCOMM announced that it priced its underwritten registered public offering, of 5,500,000 shares of its common stock, plus an over-allotment of 825,000 additional shares, par value $0.001 per share, at a price of $6.15 per share. ORBCOMM offered all of the shares and received all the net proceeds of the Offering. ORBCOMM has used a portion of the net proceeds to acquire Euroscan and intends to use the remaining proceeds for future acquisitions as part of the company’s strategy to pursue growth opportunities and/or for general corporate purposes.
- On January 8, 2014, ORBCOMM was the winner of two A-List in M2M Awards for Satellite M2M Solution Provider and Heavy Equipment Asset Monitoring, announced by Compass Intelligence, a global market acceleration research and consulting firm.
- On December 17, 2013, ORBCOMM announced a multi-year agreement with Hub Group, Inc. to deploy ORBCOMM’s GT 2300 state-of-the-art intermodal container tracking and monitoring platform to more accurately identify loading and unloading events, which should reduce container idle time and increase customer satisfaction.
- On November 20, 2013, ORBCOMM announced an agreement with Telefonica Digital, that enables ORBCOMM to offer Telefonica’s GSM cellular communications service across multiple vertical markets worldwide covering more than 150 countries. Through this agreement, ORBCOMM will expand its connectivity for its end-to-end cellular and dual-mode solutions.