Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced an impressive lineup of keynote speakers featuring top executives from IBM, Cisco, Dell, HP and Intel for the tenth annual Red Hat Summit, to be held in San Francisco, from April 14-17, 2014. Included among the lineup is Cisco chief technology and strategy officer, Padmasree Warrior. Red Hat Summit brings together a diverse group of senior business and technical leaders to learn, network and experience open source and to discuss the innovative technologies and best practices that are driving the future of enterprise computing, including cloud computing, big data, mobile and DevOps. Keynote speakers for Red Hat Summit 2014 represent top executives from companies at the forefront of the evolving technology landscape, including:
- Padmasree Warrior, chief technology and strategy officer, Cisco. Warrior is charged with aligning technology development and corporate strategy for Cisco to enable, anticipate, shape, and lead major market transitions. She helps direct technology and operational innovation across the company and oversees strategic partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, the integration of new business models, the incubation of new technologies, and the cultivation of world-class technical talent. Warrior has been widely recognized for her creative and visionary leadership. Forbes has named her one of "The World's 100 Most Powerful Women" for two years running.
- Sam Greenblatt, vice president and chief technical evangelist at the Enterprise Solution Group (ESG), Dell. Greenblatt is heavily involved in the architecture, communication and technical promotion of Dell's Enterprise family of products. He helps drive the ESG development teams toward a strong and unified architectural construct, while externally translating and communicating the technology vision to customers, new prospective partners and the industry as a whole.
- Steve Bandrowczak, senior vice president of Global Business Services, HP. Bandrowczak oversees the charter to radically drive business transformation for Global Business Services (GBS) at HP. The GBS approach is characterized by the "Playing to Win" strategy, focusing on the larger strategic goals built around the clear, essential elements that determine business success - where to play and how to win. He also serves as the practice leader for Business Process Services (BPS) at HP where he works to leverage the people, infrastructure and technology of GBS to win new business for the BPS team.
- Douglas W. Fisher, corporate vice president and general manager of the Software and Services Group, Intel. He is responsible for worldwide software, services and software R&D at Intel. Fisher is currently chairman of the board of the Linux Foundation and a member of the internal board for Wind River Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation. Previously, he served as corporate vice president and general manager of the System Software Division, which reported into the Software and Services Group.
Red Hat Summit 2014 will feature three days of content, with sessions, labs and panels showcasing the latest developments across infrastructure and systems management, cloud computing, operating system, virtualization, middleware and storage. Additionally, there will be a focus on emerging technologies like mobile and big data.The Red Hat Summit 2014 will be live streamed and available on demand at www.redhat.com/summit. Supporting Quotes Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies, Red Hat "Open source is driving the future of enterprise computing. In addition to hearing Red Hat’s vision, a significant part of Red Hat Summit is the ability for our customers to hear directly from our partners about the trends they see and our shared vision for IT. I’m thrilled that such an esteemed group of thought leaders will be joining us at Red Hat Summit on the main stage.” Jackie Yeaney, executive vice president, Strategy and Marketing, Red Hat “Red Hat is excited to feature visionary leaders from IBM, Cisco, Dell, HP and Intel on the Summit stage. Their expertise and vision will show attendees of Red Hat Summit understand how they too can partner with Red Hat to advance their business.” Additional Resources
- More about Red Hat Summit
- Follow updates from Red Hat Summit Twitter at @RedHatSummit or #RHSummit
- Engage with Red Hat Summit on Facebook
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google+