Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Boyd Gaming Corporation ( BYD) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Boyd Gaming Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BYD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $47.5 million.
- BYD traded 463,626 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:41 AM, representing 13.3% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BYD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BYD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BYD: Boyd Gaming Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a multi-jurisdictional gaming company in the United States. The company operates in five segments: Las Vegas Locals, Downtown Las Vegas, Midwest and South, Peninsula Gaming, and Atlantic City. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Boyd Gaming Corporation a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Boyd Gaming Corporation has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Boyd Gaming has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 2.34 and a short float of 20.3% with 3.26 days to cover. Shares are up 7.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Boyd Gaming Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 95.79% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 72.71% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- BOYD GAMING CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, BOYD GAMING CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.87 versus -$10.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.21 versus -$0.87).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 94.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$899.90 million to -$47.34 million.
- 37.81% is the gross profit margin for BOYD GAMING CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -6.94% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Boyd Gaming Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.