Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AES Corporation ( AES) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, AES Corporation fell $0.21 (-1.5%) to $13.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,825,819 shares of AES Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,233,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.84-$14.03 after having opened the day at $14.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.05. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), down 5.6%, CPFL Energy ( CPL), down 4.0%, Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG), down 3.0% and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full AES Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.